Tuesday, 27 August 2013

Gatsby Darling

Hello!
Recently I attended my friends 1920s Gatsby themed party, which was A LOT of fun! 
The drinks flowed, the playlist was a perfect mix of contemporary, jazz and music from the Gatsby sound track.. I felt like I had been transported back in time!
I wore a dress which was Oasis but I purchased on eBay for £15. It was more of an Art Deco inspired choice, rather than go for traditional flapper, so I wasn't drowning in a sea of tassels! Having said that everyone looked amazing and really got into the spirit of things.
The accessories are already things I pre owned, dug out of the cupboard, dusted off and given a new lease of life. The shoes were £32 surprisingly from Next - not bought especially but I loved the added sparkle!
In regards to hair and make up - I curled my hair and left it loose, only adding in a side parting and twisted piece at the front. Make up was minimal, with the all important Daisy Buchanan red lipstick!
Thank you to Ellie for hosting and please check out her blog www.sweetwordsfromwonderland.blogspot.com ! 




No comments:

Post a Comment